Pages

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Pride & Admiration


Pride & Admiration, originally uploaded by HellonEarth2006.

I spent the weekend in Phuket early one morning I wandered early down to the southern end of Bang Tao where the fishermen keep their boats. At 7:30, the place was a hive of activity with boats coming in from a night's fishing, others casting their nets in the shallows and also many of the older folk just sitting around watching the activities. I came across this guy who was plucking fish out of his net together with his grandson, and asked him politely if I could take his picture. He duly stood to attention, but I noticed the look of pride and admiration in the eyes of his grandson. His face is the real picture - not a great photo but really a picture with a great story.

No comments: