I have lived in Bangkok for some two and a half years this time, for 6 months previously, and I have visited on numerous occasions in the past. During this time, I have never been to Wat Po which is one of the 3 most famous attractions in Bangkok. The other two are, of course, the Grand Palace and Wat Arun otherwise known as the temple of dawn. I finally made it there recently and took some photos including this one of the famous reclining Buddha. Gold plated and measuring some 46 metres long and 15 metres high, it is an impressive sight. Wat Po is Bangoks oldest temple as well as being its largest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Bangkok Street Vendors: The Heart of Thailand's Street Life
Bangkok's street vendors are an essential part of the city's character, bringing colour, energy and flavour to its busy streets. Fr...
-
Thailand Road Trip, Mae Hong Son to Mae Sariang Today we began to head south on the third and, for us, the final leg of the Mae Hong Son L...
-
Star Fruit (Carambola) Star Fruit , originally uploaded by HellonEarth2006 . Star Fruit or Carambola is the fruit of the Averrhoa C...
-
The Khlong Toei market is the largest wet market in Bangkok. It is open daily for the sale of fish, seafood, meat, fruit, vegetables and oth...

No comments:
Post a Comment