Pages

Friday, June 20, 2008

My Friend, the Policeman


IMG_1391, originally uploaded by HellonEarth2006.

There I was minding my business and taking a few photos over by the Assmebly Building in Bangkok, when all of a sudden a policecar appears at the side of me. "Good afternoon", said the officer to which I responded equally politely. "Nice camera", he said "You take picture of me". Naturally ,I said yes and he positioned his car so that I could get the statue in the shot as well. After a few photos including some he shot of me, he invited me to sit in his police car while he gave me his address. This took some time - about 20 minutes, as he apparently had difficulty translating the Thai script into roman characters. I will send him the photos but it is anyone's guess if he will get them as his address is not that clear. Hopefully they will reach him as he was very keen to have his photo taken. It was a totally bizarre experience fo rme however.

No comments: