Pages

Friday, November 23, 2007

Bar in Chatuchak


Bar in Chatuchak, originally uploaded by HellonEarth2006.

Chatuchak market other wise known as Jatujak or "JJ" to the locals is an enormous weekend market with thousands of stalls. In fact, much of it is open throughout the week. It is located in the north of Bangkok tends to be very hot and I have also noticed that it seems to get more than ots fair share of thunderstorms. As my wife likes to shop there, I inevitably getted dragged along from time to time but there is a little oasis in the midst of this shopping desert and this is the place in section 26/161 which is fairly close to the edge of the section. A great place to have a beer, it has a great atmosphere and I have seen many a weary tourist's eyes light up as they accidentally come across it. The staff are very pleasant, if not a bit strange. At least one is a katoey (or ladyboy) and another is obviously a Bob Marley freak with dreadlocks. They tend to make up large concoctions of whisly & soda or tequila and lime to sip in between serving their customers. Although the sale of beer is officially prohibited between 2 and 5 pm, it does not seem to be a big issue in this establishment.
Despite being a frequent visitor, I ave absolutely no idea what this bar is called. I must ask next time I go.

No comments: