Friday, April 06, 2007
The Love Circle
I saw this pair of dragonflies seemingly having a lot of fun and while I wasn't quite sure as to what they were doing, I had my suspicions. A little bit of research on the internet revealed that they were indeed indulging in a little bit of copulation. It seems that this little position is known as a "mating wheel". The male attaches the end of his abdomen to a fixture at the back of his mate's head while the femail attaches her genitalia to the male's member. If dragonflies are at all romantic, I am sure that they would refer to this as a "love circle" instead of a "mating wheel"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Beddgelert: A Historic Village in the Heart of Snowdonia
Nestled in the picturesque valley of Eryri (Snowdonia National Park) in North Wales, Beddgelert is one of the region’s most charming stone...
-
Thailand Road Trip, Mae Hong Son to Mae Sariang Today we began to head south on the third and, for us, the final leg of the Mae Hong Son L...
-
Star Fruit (Carambola) Star Fruit , originally uploaded by HellonEarth2006 . Star Fruit or Carambola is the fruit of the Averrhoa C...
-
The Khlong Toei market is the largest wet market in Bangkok. It is open daily for the sale of fish, seafood, meat, fruit, vegetables and oth...

No comments:
Post a Comment