Pages

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Hanoi - Markets

Hanoi, Vietnam Hanoi, Vietnam One of the things I find fascinating about Asia are the markets. Wherever I go, I find myself wandering around the markets taking lots of photographs. They are all so noisy, busy colourful and full of life. They are also frequented and inhabited by many characters. Hanoi has several markets selling all manner of exotic fruits, vegetables, spices, fish and meats - I say meats because in Hanoi apart from the usual meats including live chickens, pigs trotters and the like there is also dog. I guess it is the Vietnameses penchant for dog that keeps the srteets clear of strays. Ann commented on the fact that there are so few dogs running around in comparison to Bangkok. It is also true that most of the dogs you do see are of the smaller variety such as Pekinese I guess because they are not worth the bother of cathing and cooking, or maybe they just dont taste good! Mmmmm, food for thought but in my case not for the dinner table.
Hanoi Vietnam Hanoi, Vietnam

No comments: