Pages

Monday, June 26, 2006

Back t o Munich - 26-06-06

Well it's MOnday 26/6/06 and today it is back to Munich but thank God that England have just beaten Ecuador. With Germany still in the competition, it would have been just too much to bear to be in Germany. Germany v Argentina comes before England's next game so wih luck Germany will be out of it by then.

England continue to pay badly but still win - a good omen.

Back to Munich on my own this time as Ann sits in Bangkok eagerly awaiting the arrival of Katie. They are off to Phuket for a few days and my only consolation is the fact that the weather may well be better in Munich than Phukhet as it is the monsoon season there. We went to Chatuchak market Saturday before I left and were caught in an unbelievable storm - it sounded like we were under artillery fire. Ended up piggy backing Ann through the ankle deep waters to dry land.

World Cup fever is well uder way here and I intend to sample a beer garden tonight. I expect Brazil will go through (although my wishful thiking tells me ot to rule out a surprise) and I expect Spain to beat France.

No comments: