Like most places Bangkok is not immune from the "graffitti artists". There are several places in Bangkok where graffitti art can be seen adorning walls, and I am sure that there are plenty of Thais who indulge in this particular form of art. This piece of graffitti is located on a derelict building site on Sukhumvit Road, right in the middle of the tourist district. I presume the site has been in such a state since the financial crisis of 1997. Indeed, there are lots of examples of unfinished buildings around Bangkok. I rather suspect that this piece of graffitti is the work of a number of tourists given its location. The "work" is signed by 3 people Dek, Rea and PMY.
Wednesday, March 05, 2008
Graffitti
Like most places Bangkok is not immune from the "graffitti artists". There are several places in Bangkok where graffitti art can be seen adorning walls, and I am sure that there are plenty of Thais who indulge in this particular form of art. This piece of graffitti is located on a derelict building site on Sukhumvit Road, right in the middle of the tourist district. I presume the site has been in such a state since the financial crisis of 1997. Indeed, there are lots of examples of unfinished buildings around Bangkok. I rather suspect that this piece of graffitti is the work of a number of tourists given its location. The "work" is signed by 3 people Dek, Rea and PMY.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Beddgelert: A Historic Village in the Heart of Snowdonia
Nestled in the picturesque valley of Eryri (Snowdonia National Park) in North Wales, Beddgelert is one of the region’s most charming stone...
-
Thailand Road Trip, Mae Hong Son to Mae Sariang Today we began to head south on the third and, for us, the final leg of the Mae Hong Son L...
-
Star Fruit (Carambola) Star Fruit , originally uploaded by HellonEarth2006 . Star Fruit or Carambola is the fruit of the Averrhoa C...
-
The Khlong Toei market is the largest wet market in Bangkok. It is open daily for the sale of fish, seafood, meat, fruit, vegetables and oth...

No comments:
Post a Comment